Dr. Michael Peterson
Dr. Michael Peterson is a licensed general dentist with over 26 years of experience.He received a B.S. degree in Zoology at Brigham Young University. He then attended the University Of Iowa College Of Dentistry for his dental training. Following dental school,Dr. Peterson completed a General Practice Residency as a member of the U.S. Air Force.Two additional years of military dentistry prepared him well for private practice. He has now practiced for 22 years in Boise.
Dr. Peterson has a keen interest in providing the most up to date, state of the art dental care available and regularly attends continuing education courses to stay on the cutting edge. He also teaches a course for dentists and dental assistants on Cerec Cad/Cam dentistry and is a mentor at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry where advanced Cerec Cad/Cam dental techniques are taught to dentists from across the United States. Dr Peterson is also an official Cerec trainer for Patterson Dental Supply.
Additionally, Dr. Peterson also has advanced training in I.V. Sedation and surgical procedures such as implant placement and oral surgery.
Dr. Peterson has 3 married children and 5 grandchildren. He enjoys many outdoor activities including hunting, golf, riding horses, and playing hockey.
Member of Idaho State Dental Association
American Dental Association
Southwest Idaho Dental Society
Dr. Eric Ballou
Dr. Eric Ballou is a highly skilled and experienced general dentist providing patients with comprehensive general and cosmetic care at Lake Harbor Dental in Boise. With several years of advanced training, Dr. Ballou focuses on CAD/CAM Digital Dentistry with Cerec 3D and Galileos 3D imaging for implant planning. When dentists in southeast Idaho purchase Cerec technology from Patterson, Dr Ballou goes to their office and trains the staff and doctors how to use the equipment. He also teaches a course to doctors and assistants in called Cerec Effieciency. He has been a Mentor for cerecdoctors.com in Scottsdale, AZ for several years and attends courses there regularly in both teaching and learning capacities.
Dr. Ballou graduated with his undergraduate degree in Medical Biology from the University of Utah, before completing his dental degree at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, where he was the Vice President of his class. He received certification for Invisalign in dental school and has since continued with orthodontic courses and certification. After completing many successful cases, Dr. Ballou was selected as a Preferred Provider for Invisalign.
Actively involved in the dental and local communities, Dr. Ballou has had several leadership roles and is a member of several professional organizations, including:
American Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
Idaho State Dental Association
Southwest Idaho Dental Society
He has also volunteered his time and dental services to those in need through the Wise MOM Project and recently in the Dominican Republic with the G3 foundation.
Dr. Ballou is married with 4 children, and enjoys golf, hunting, camping and spending time with his family.
Meet Our Staff
- Joan is our Hygiene Coordinator. She graduated from Boise State University Dental Assisting Programin 1974. Joan is a caring, helpful person. In her spare time, she loves spending time with her family and grandchildren.
- Tracy has been a CDA since 1996 and is now at the front desk as a treatment coordinator. She came to Boise in 2004 from Denver, CO thanks to her husband, whom she met on an airplane! Tracy's emphasis is to make patients feel comfortable and understanding of their needs. In her spare time she loves hiking, biking and traveling.
- Leanne has been a hygienist since 1985. She raised her 5 children while working part time. Now she spends her free time spoiling her grandchildren, hiking, volunteering in church youth groups and volunteering as a baker for “Community Cakes”.
- Jeanine is our Treatment and Financial Coordinator. She has been in the field of dentistry since 1994. After many years in a clinical setting she is able to discuss treatment planning with patients in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Jeanine is married with 2 children and in her free time you can find her enjoying the mountains of Idaho through camping and hiking and has a passion for genealogical research.
- Angie is a Treatment Coordinator. She has been in dentistry for 23 years and is a Native Idahoan. In her spare time she enjoys camping, her dog and spending time with her grandchildren.
- Ivy has been a Dental Assistant since May 2009. Her warm smile makes patients feel at ease in the dental chair. In her spare time, Ivy enjoys white water rafting, bike riding, and traveling.
- Ralynne has been an RDH (Registered Dental Hygienist) since 2005. She has 4 kids. She is also a volunteer firefighter with the Middleton Fire Department. In her free time she loves riding her horses and spending time with friends and family.
- Shannon has been a certified Dental Assistant since 1999. She was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. She enjoys reading, spending time with friends and family and travelling in and around the Northwest Coast.
- Audrey has been a certified Dental Assistant since 2002. She is married with 3 kids and is another Idaho Native. In her spare time she enjoys cheering on her kids at their sporting events, camping, ATV riding with her husband, and spending time with her family.
- JaNae has been a RDH since 1998. She has lived in Idaho her entire life and is married with 4 children. She loves spending time with her family and in her free time loves to sew & quilt!
- Krystal has been in the dental field as an assistant since 2015. She enjoys learning new things and perfecting her art as a dental assistant. She has a little boy named Mack who she loves spending her free time with as well as with her boyfriend, 2 cats and her Great Dane!
- Liana has been a CDA since 2012. She is new to the area, having moved here from Kentucky. She and her family really like their new home and the people here in Boise. Liana loves to smile and her focus is in assisting others to smile brighter. In her free time she works with the local refugee program.
- Heather has been dedicated to the profession of dentistry since 1995. She began as an assistant and continued her education to ultimately become a RDH. She is passionate about the care of her patients with her motto being “We cannot have a healthy body without a healthy mouth”. When Heather is not caring for her patients you can find her outdoors with her dog, Kyle, enjoying all that Boise has to offer.