Dr. Michael Peterson
Dr. Michael Peterson is a licensed general dentist with over 26 years of experience.He received a B.S. degree in Zoology at Brigham Young University. He then attended the University Of Iowa College Of Dentistry for his dental training. Following dental school,Dr. Peterson completed a General Practice Residency as a member of the U.S. Air Force.Two additional years of military dentistry prepared him well for private practice. He has now practiced for 22 years in Boise.
Dr. Peterson has a keen interest in providing the most up to date, state of the art dental care available and regularly attends continuing education courses to stay on the cutting edge. He also teaches a course for dentists and dental assistants on Cerec Cad/Cam dentistry and is a mentor at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry where advanced Cerec Cad/Cam dental techniques are taught to dentists from across the United States. Dr Peterson is also an official Cerec trainer for Patterson Dental Supply.
Additionally, Dr. Peterson also has advanced training in I.V. Sedation and surgical procedures such as implant placement and oral surgery.
Dr. Peterson has 3 married children and 5 grandchildren. He enjoys many outdoor activities including hunting, golf, riding horses, and playing hockey.
Member of Idaho State Dental Association
American Dental Association
Southwest Idaho Dental Society
Dr. Eric Ballou
Dr. Eric Ballou is a highly skilled and experienced general dentist providing patients with comprehensive general and cosmetic care at Lake Harbor Dental in Boise. With several years of advanced training, Dr. Ballou focuses on CAD/CAM Digital Dentistry with Cerec 3D and Galileos 3D imaging for implant planning. When dentists in southeast Idaho purchase Cerec technology from Patterson, Dr Ballou goes to their office and trains the staff and doctors how to use the equipment. He also teaches a course to doctors and assistants in called Cerec Effieciency. He has been a Mentor for cerecdoctors.com in Scottsdale, AZ for several years and attends courses there regularly in both teaching and learning capacities.
Dr. Ballou graduated with his undergraduate degree in Medical Biology from the University of Utah, before completing his dental degree at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, where he was the Vice President of his class. He received certification for Invisalign in dental school and has since continued with orthodontic courses and certification. After completing many successful cases, Dr. Ballou was selected as a Preferred Provider for Invisalign.
Actively involved in the dental and local communities, Dr. Ballou has had several leadership roles and is a member of several professional organizations, including:
American Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
Idaho State Dental Association
Southwest Idaho Dental Society
He has also volunteered his time and dental services to those in need through the Wise MOM Project and recently in the Dominican Republic with the G3 foundation.
Dr. Ballou is married with 4 children, and enjoys golf, hunting, camping and spending time with his family.
Meet Our Staff
- Joan is our Hygiene Coordinator. She graduated from Boise State University Dental Assisting Programin 1974. Joan is a caring, helpful person. In her spare time, she loves spending time with her family and grandchildren.
- Tracy has been a Certified Dental Assistant since 1996. She received her certification from University of Colorado, Denver and came to Boisein 2004. Tracy's emphasis is to make patients feel comfortable and understanding of their needs. She is married with 2 beautiful daughters;in her spare time, she loves hiking, biking, yoga and traveling.
- Leanne has been an RDH since 1985. She is married with 5 kids, andis a PTA mom. In her spare time, Leanne enjoys photography and being a Boise Native.
- Jeanine is our Treatment Coordinator, with 21 years of experience in dentistry. After many years in a clinical setting, she is able to discuss treatment planning with patients in a clear, easy-to-understand manner. Jeanine has 2 children; in her free time, she enjoys camping and hiking with her family as well as genealogy and gardening.
- Marsha has been a Certified Dental Assistant since 2002 and worked in the dental field since 1986. She is married with 3 adult children. Originally from Michigan, she and her family moved to Boise in 2007. In her free time, Marsha loves working on various projects with her husband, camping, hiking, yoga and spending time with family and friends.
- Rayna has been an RDH since 2007, graduating at the top of her class. Originally from Arizona she moved to Boise in 2004. She is married and has a teenage son. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys riding her horse and Boise State Football.
- Angie is also a Treatment Coordinator. Angie has been in dentistry for 23 years and is a Native Idahoan. In her spare time, she enjoys camping, her dog and spending time with her family.
- Ivy has been a Dental Assistant since May 2009. Her warm smile makes patients feel at ease in the dental chair. In her spare time, Ivy enjoys white water rafting, bike riding, and traveling.
- Ralynne has been an RDH (Registered Dental Hygienist) since 2005. She has 4 kids. She is also a volunteer firefighter with the Middleton Fire Department. In her free time she loves riding her horses and spending time with friends and family.
- Shannon has been a certified Dental Assistant since 1999. She was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. She enjoys reading, spending time with friends and family and travelling in and around the Northwest Coast.
- Audrey has been a certified Dental Assistant since 2002. She is married with 3 kids and is another Idaho Native. In her spare time she enjoys cheering on her kids at their sporting events, camping , ATV riding with her husband, and spending time with her family.